The Product: Lucido-L Hair Make Supplement Styling Milk [Curl]
The Promise: A hair styling product with treatment function, powered by high penetrating Hyaluronic Acid that coats hair strands for soft and tangle-free hair – with long-lasting sweet fruity-floral fragrance.
The Star Ingredient: From the website – “CMC (Cell Membrane Complex) exists among cuticles and cortex cells to help them bond with each other and also works as a “path of water” to transport water to cells. When CMC is lost due to hair damage, cuticles and cortex cells break away, reducing the water-maintaining ability of hair, thus the combination with CMC-like ingredients help water retention to create manageable hair up to ends.”
The Test Subject: I ‘convinced’ my mom to be part of this test. Not that I’m saying my hair can’t use some improvement, but to really put a hair product to the test, you’ve got to try it on hair that needs it the most.
The Breakdown: I received the milk serum, along with its sister product, the oil treatment, in the January – February 2015 BDJ Box. I won’t lie: the first thing that attracted me to it was its unique shape. It’s so cute!
Here’s the sitch with my mom’s hair: She CAN’T go a day without conditioner. In its natural state, her hair is easily tangled, brittle and wiry to the touch. Its the kind of hair that definitely benefits from a luxurious hot oil treatment. Note the word ‘luxurious’ in that sentence, so my mom’s no stranger to at-home hair treatments.
On the day of the test, I had my mom go without her usual conditioner. As is obvious from the picture, even when it’s been combed, her hair still looks uneven, with the natural waves just making it look even more untamed. I think this is typical of hair that has undergone chemical treatments, color changes, or has been damaged by extreme weather changes.
The Curl variation of Styling Milk really works for my mom. Her waves are definitely defined and tamed, giving it a very uniform look. There’s a shine to her hair that wasn’t there before, but even after twelve hours, her hair wasn’t greasy, sticky or oily. And no tangles!
- The pump dispenses a measured amount, so you can decide how much or how little to use
- The consistency of the product is watery, but not sticky, so it’s easily worked into your hair
- This teensy 70ml bottle goes a long way – The recommended amount for mid-length hair is the product from 2 to 3 pumps, but with how damaged my mom’s hair is, we had to use around 5 pumps. We’re going on our 3rd month using it!
- It’s the perfect size to put in a bag – even a mommy’s bag!
- This stuff has a strong floral smell – fortunately, it dissipates after half an hour or so, leaving just a slight scent
This product is going on my Re-buy list. With Php 295 and five minutes, I can have healthy-looking, salon-worthy hair for months!
Have you tried the Styling Milk? Any other hair goddess products I should try out?