Oh, how I have abandoned thee!
Real life can just be so full sometimes. Houdini’s first birthday with the dress I made for her, the first time she blew a kiss, the first time she had damn persistent diarrhea (she’s fine now, thank goodness), getting my first job as a work-at-home parent and SO MANY other things that have gone on these past few months. But I have missed writing so much, and I was inspired by my new job, believe it or not. A friend and I have been planning new and exciting things and I can’t wait to get started, but for now, it’s high time that I breathe new life into this blog!
August is a damn fine month,
- Sandwich Month
- Catfish Month
- Goat Cheese Month
- Onion Month
- Mushroom Month
- Breastfeeding Month
- What Will Be Your Legacy Month
August is looking like a kick-ass month, never mind the Catfish part. I don’t believe a dish is complete without a good helping of onions, and sandwiches are the ultimate evolution of sliced bread.
I do hope to make delicious goodies to celebrate August properly, but to help me (and other August hearts) along, here are some dailies.
- Aug 01 – International Beer Day
- Aug 03 – Watermelon Day
- Aug 06 – Wiggle Your Toes Day
- Aug 08 – Odie Day
- Aug 10 – S’mores Day
- Aug 13 – International Lefthanders Day
- Aug 15 – Julia Child’s Birthday
- Aug 16 – World Honey Bee Day
- Aug 21 – Hawaii Day
- Aug 26 – Eat Dessert First Day
- Aug 28 – Race Your Mouse Around The Icons Day
- Aug 29 – More Herbs, Less Salt Day
- Aug 30 – International Whale Shark Day
A celebration for the butanding is more than I could ask for. Let me start planning our August!