Ever look at your life and wonder where the excitement went? Even worse, have you ever looked back at your life and discover there was precious little excitement to begin with?
I’m one of the latter. Hi, I’m Jill, and let me tell you that living that way is incredibly boring and a pain in the ass. Playing it safe all my life prevented me from growing up and discovering myself. Boundaries? I have them by the buttload. Life lessons, not so much. So I came up with a way to further develop into the person I want to be for my daughter so that when the time comes, I’ll be able to help her grow as well.
I talk about it more here, but in essence, the Transformative 30 is a list of challenges that I’ve picked up while trawling through the web. The purpose of this experiment is to test my dedication, expand my mind, develop a better sense of emotional well-being and to push those thrice-damned self-erected boundaries.
And to make sure I don’t wimp out and choose only the easy ones, all those wonderful ideas now reside in my Mars Delivery Truck Tin of
Doom Possibilities, so each month, I’ll give it a little shake and let the fun begin! On my list are:
- The List Challenge
- The Yoga Nidra Challenge
- The Partner Challenge
- The Oil-Pulling Challenge
- The Selfie Challenge
- The Vlogging Challenge
- The Salad Challenge
- The Breakfast Challenge
- The Knee-Planking/Mini-Planking Challenge
- The Positivity Challenge
- The Drawing Challenge: Cartoon Animals
- The Drawing Challenge: The Human Face
- The Learning Challenge: Chocolate
- The Learning Challenge: Bee-Keeping
- The Learning Challenge: Pen Tricks
- The Learning Challenge: Magic Tricks
- The Language Challenge: Spanish
- The Language Challenge: Mandarin
- The Yoga Challenge
- The Firmer Butt Challenge
- The Future Years Challenge
- The Healthy Snack Challenge
- The Calligraphy Challenge
- The Coconut Water Challenge
- The Communication Challenge
- The TED Talks Challenge
- The Polyphasic Sleep Challenge
- The Importance of Other People Challenge
- The Upcycling Challenge
- The Pamper-Yourself Challenge – If I make it this far, I deserve this!
I’m also working on building an awesome community here, so if you decide you want to come along on this madcap journey or are inspired to do one of Challenges yourself, please be my guest! Leave a comment below noting which one you’d like to take up and why.
Come on, take the leap. You know you want to.
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney