Welcome to the Transformative 30! If you want a little info about what that means and why I’m doing it, here’s a quick mind-blurb.
Finally, something easy! I love randomness. It just stimulates the brain follicles, gets the plot bunnies hopping. I’m starting to realize, though, that new mommies barely have time to take a shower, much less take the bunnies for a walk. I’m hugely grateful to my family for being so supportive and letting me have a breather once in a while, though it’s not hard to take the baby off me. She’s so adorable, plus my arm is pretty numb by the afternoon (she loves her cuddles, yes she does).
Let’s get started, shall we?
1. I got an attach of the clicks yesterday and lost the best part of the morning, as well as some of the afternoon, to The Misty Mom blog. Shari is a total enabler, and this is coming from someone who used to swear off all high-end products as hyped-up nonsense. Now I’m just a slave to the pretty pictures, because girl got some skillz with the cam!
2. I’m seriously considering a breakfast of cheese-flavored popcorn right now because I am starving and I can’t leave my baby’s side. I know it’s unhealthy but the stomach wants what the stomach wants.
3. I’ve just realized that I can’t feel truly at home in a certain place until I feel comfortable in the kitchen. Living at my in-laws, that’s gonna take a while.
4. I just tore the zip-lock off the popcorn bag because it Did Not Want To Open. Anarchy starts now.
5. But then again, it’s not really breakfast if it doesn’t have eggs. I love eggs. Eggs are lie. So this is kind of like a pre-breakfast, or a preakfast, as it were. Like brunch, but earlier in the day. I like this new word.
6. I think about breakfast a lot. It’s the most important meal of the day. You’re supposed to take your time and pig out at breakfast, because you’re ‘breaking your fast’ (geddit?) after a whole night of rest. A good breakfast has lots of lean protein and complex carbs, so break out the chicken, beans and rice and you’re good to go for the day.
7. My husband’s going to want to watch Jurassic Park today. In honor of that, think of the moment you realized Nick Fury was in Jurassic Park. Samuel L. Jackson is just going to be Nick Fury to me forever now. These darn Marvel movies.
8. I’m kind of happy that Houdini will be able to watch these epic movies. The world needs heroes to inspire us again. I wonder what would happen if, instead of Disney movies, she grew up with the Avengers and Jack Sparrow instead. They aren’t any less magical or any more violent (Scar dropped his brother into a stampeding herd of wildebeest, Queen Grimhilde’s transformation into a hag was nightmarish and I don’t even have to explain Maleficent). Also, the women in the Marvel series and Elizabeth Swan are damn good role models.
9. Am I the only mother who approaches motherhood like a lifelong experiment? I’ve just basically decided to not have my child wanting to grow up to be a Disney Princess. This is going to pit me against my family, my in-laws and my best friend. Oh dear.
10. Just hit bottom on the popcorn bag. Ziplocks underestimate your desire for food. Silly ziplocks.
I knew the bunnies would take over! It was fun and unexpected, for me at least. How about you guys? Any thoughts, breakfast-y or otherwise?
This challenge was originally posted here.