Welcome to the Transformative 30! If you want a little info about what that means and why I’m doing it, here’s a quick mind-blurb.
I never quite understood the difficulty of parenthood until I became one. It’s certainly a eye-opening experience: the crying, the laundry, the late nights, the rashes. And that’s just dealing with my husband!
Being a mom is frightening and tiring. Every night, I want to fall into bed and sleep the sleep of the bone-weary, but I can’t because Houdini wishes. Houdini wishes to be fed, or carried, or burped- sometimes all three at the same time. It’s exhausting.
But I’ll tell you a secret…
In fact, I’ll tell you seven secrets that I’ve never told anyone else.
- I don’t mind the pooping or the spit-up. I mind the carrying a little, ‘coz it kills my back, but the worst is trying to clean her neck, Those cute chubby folds hide a sticky, cheesy, smelly mess. It’s similar to diaper rash but it doesn’t get the same press because they don’t want to turn you off babies forever. The smell is abhorrent.
- I get an attack of the jealousies when people seem to be having too much fun with my baby. I’m the one who labored 28 hours for that little bundle of joy, not you.
- My family doesn’t think I’m serious about having a kickass tenth anniversary in Ireland, but I am. I actually think it’s better that I had my daughter now too, so she can experience the wedding I wanted. She’ll be a beautiful ring-bearer.
- I don’t mind that I’m your typical shot-gun bride. I mind that other people ran my wedding. Run your own wedding, bitches, and leave my plain and unexciting wedding alone.
- I want my little Houdini to grow up goth. Abby Sciuto-goth, not Marilyn Manson.
- I’m afraid I’ll never be able to finish Harveste Addams, my greatest and longest work. I want to finish it, there’s no doubt about that, maybe rewrite the parts I’ve done to make it more coherent, but the desire to do something and the ability to actually do it are two very different things.
- I don’t know where this blog is going to go. There, I said it. The scope of the plot bunnies is too vast for me to herd them in any one direction. Them bunnies be crazy.
To be perfectly honest, I started this blog because I wanted to join the beauty blogger bandwagon. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized that’s one of the topics I know the least about. I didn’t even know there was such a think as eyelid primer, and brushes confound the heck out of me. I realized that the only reason I wanted to blog was because I missed writing. I need to write because then the ideas start to come together and I remember how to put them across. Harveste will never get done otherwise.
Do you have any trouble writing? Got something you’ve left unfinished? Perhaps you have nosy in-laws. I’d love to hear about it.
This challenge was originally posted here.